Bake the Perfect Coffee Cake: Easy and Delicious Recipe for Your Brunch
As a sweets expert, I know how tempting it is to indulge in delicious baked goods, especially during brunch time. That’s why I’m excited to share my tried and true recipe for the perfect coffee cake. With a moist crumb, sweet cinnamon swirls, and a crunchy streusel topping, this coffee cake recipe is sure to become a brunch favorite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of softened butter until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tbsp of cinnamon to make the cinnamon swirl.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon swirl evenly over the batter. Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon swirl.
- Make the streusel topping: In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
There are many ways to customize this coffee cake recipe to suit your tastes and dietary needs. Here are some of my favorite variations:
- Easy coffee cake recipe with cream cheese filling: Make a cream cheese filling by mixing 8 oz of softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, and 1 beaten egg. Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, then spread the cream cheese filling over the batter. Pour the remaining batter on top, then sprinkle with streusel topping and bake as directed.
- Healthy coffee cake recipe with whole wheat flour: Substitute half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier version of this coffee cake.
- Gluten-free coffee cake recipe with almond flour: Replace the all-purpose flour with almond flour for a delicious gluten-free version of this coffee cake.
- Vegan coffee cake recipe with coconut milk: Replace the sour cream with canned coconut milk for a vegan version of this coffee cake.
- Classic coffee cake recipe with cinnamon swirls: Omit the streusel topping for a traditional coffee cake with just cinnamon swirls.
- Fall-inspired coffee cake recipe with pumpkin spice: Add 1 tsp of pumpkin spice to the dry ingredients for a delicious fall-inspired coffee cake.
- Decadent coffee cake recipe with chocolate chips: Fold 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into the batter for a decadent chocolatey twist on this coffee cake recipe.
No matter which variation you choose, this coffee cake recipe is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Enjoy!